Glycocharge is the ideal post exercise supplement, formulated to aid in the rapid repletion of muscle glycogen stores following periods of work or exercise. It should be given within 30 minutes following exercise. In a study on running dogs, Glycocharge supplemented dogs are essentially fully replenished after 24 hours.
- Glycogen is one of the fuels used by the body during strenuous exercise. It is the fuel that provides endurance and is synthesized from carbohydrates.
- Previous attempts to "carbo load" dogs by feeding a high carbohydrate diet resulted in decreased performance. Dogs have a much higher capacity than humans to burn fuel aerobically. However, at high levels of activity, the muscles' need for energy cannot be met by oxidative metabolism, and muscle stores of glycogen are used.
- Post-exercise use of Annamaet Glycocharge helps rebuild muscle glycogen stores to pre-exercise levels.
Recharged in 24 hours
- Studies have shown that the glycogen levels of exercising dogs that were given Glycocharge reached 88% of their pre-exercise levels four hours after consumption and that their glycogen levels were at 97% of their pre-exercise levels after 24 hours!
- The glycogen levels of dogs that were given water never exceeded 69% of their pre-exercise levels in the same time span.
- Glycocharge must be given shortly after exercise (ideally within 30 minutes) then giving dogs a 2 hour rest period following Glycocharge feeding. If given beyond the 30 minutes post exercise window its effectiveness is diminished, and if the dogs are not given at least two hours rest, Glycocharge will be burned as fuel before being converted to muscle glycogen stores.
- Glycocharge is a dry powder that can be mixed in warm water or frozen into ice cube treats.
- For each 50 lbs. of body weight - dissolve 2 scoops (enclosed) in 1 pint (.04 liter) of water and feed within 30 minutes of completing exercise. For 25 lb. dogs, use 1 scoop.
Malto Dextrins, Poultry Liver, Dried Egg Product, Dextrose, Salt, Potassium Chloride, Calcium Carbonate, Magnesium Oxide, Iron Proteinate, Betaine Anhydrous, Brewers Dried Yeast, Zinc Proteinate, Manganese Proteinate, Copper Proteinate, D-Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin B12 Supplement L-Carnitine, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Vitamin A Acetate, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Calcium Iodate
Crude Protein, min…………….….18%
Crude Fat, min………………………...5%
Crude Fiber, max………………….....1%